Celebrate the tree planters holiday right here where it all began at Arbor Day Farm in Nebraska City. All across this 260-acre campus, opportunities abound to play, learn, taste, and shop, all in celebration of trees.
At the Tree Adventure:
- Explore the tree canopy as you make your way from treehouse to treehouse at the one-of-a-kind Treetop Village.®
- Hike wooded trails.
- Sail through the air on the ZipKrooz and climb a giant spider web.
- Create a tree cookie critter to take home, and help us gift wrap a tree! Make an Arbor Day game to play with friends. Discover how tree seeds travel and chase a helicopter seed across the sky.
- Decorate a container and plant a tree seedling to take home. Just $3 per person. Or $8 per person without Tree Adventure admission. Learn more
- Become a Junior Arborist! Learn about trees and do fun and educational nature activities to earn your very own Arbor Day Farm Junior Arborist patch. Great for kids ages 5-12. Free activity; Tree Adventure admission not required. Learn more.
- Purchase Tree Adventure tickets in advance here.
At Arbor Lodge Mansion:
- Explore the 52-room mansion and learn about the history of Arbor Day.
- Get a peek into spring planting on the Morton Farm and view vintage post cards of Arbor Lodge.
- Take part in the grand opening of the Women of Arbor Lodge display in a newly restored and newly opened area of the mansion.
- PLUS Receive free Arbor Lodge admission April 30-May 2, courtesy of the Arbor Day Foundation!
Advance tickets will not be available for the mansion this weekend. Capacity will be controlled at the door. Arbor Lodge State Historical Park is open for visitors, too. Take an inspiring, up-close look at the home of Arbor Day. No park entry fee is required.
At the Apple House Market (currently located inside the Tree Adventure building)
Sip (or gulp!) Arbor Day Farm apple cider and shop for tasty treats including jams, jellies, salsa, honey, pies, and other tasty treats. Shop for Arbor Day Farm wine, or better yet, head to the Historic Barns for a wine tasting on Saturday and Sunday.
At Lied Lodge:
Relax, retreat, and gather together at Lied Lodge with beautiful, nature-inspired guest rooms, an indoor pool, award-winning restaurant, and on-site spa. For availability and reservations, call 800-546-5433.
At Steinhart Lodge:
Join us Saturday evening for the Farm and Forest Dinner in the beautiful, rustic setting of Steinhart Lodge. A four-course, prix fixe (and Arbor Day-inspired) menu has been artfully crafted by our Timbers culinary team. Learn more.
Go here to learn more about other Arbor Day events happening throughout Nebraska City. Activities include a parade, Bloody Mary competition, Arbor Day run & walk, and more!