- This event has passed.
Arbor Day Weekend Celebration at Arbor Day Farm
April 27, 2019 - April 28, 2019
Celebrate the tree planter’s holiday right here where it all began at Arbor Day Farm in Nebraska City. All across this 260-acre campus, opportunities abound to play, learn, taste, and shop, all in celebration of trees.
At the Tree Adventure:
- Enjoy free Tree Adventure admission April 26-28 courtesy of Arbor Bank!
- Tree climbing – Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Learn how trees “talk” to one another and participate in a Land Art project or make a cork boat to take home with you.
- Play with tree puzzles and take part in a nature weaving activity.
- Climb aboard the Discovery Ride – an informative guided journey into the backwoods of Arbor Day Farm. $5 per person. Kids age 2 and under ride free. Rides depart Saturday and Sunday at 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m., and 2 p.m. both days (weather permitting).
At the Apple House Market:
Sip Arbor Day Farm’s newest wine varieties and enjoy an apple slushie while you shop for jams, jellies, salsa, honey, pies, and other tasty treats. And savor delicious barbecue at Porter’s, serving a variety of smoked meats and tasty sides from 11 a.m.–4 p.m.
At Lied Lodge:
Relax, retreat, and gather together at Lied Lodge with beautiful, nature-inspired guest rooms, an indoor pool, award-winning restaurant, and on-site spa. For availability and reservations, call 800-546-5433. You can also climb aboard the Arbor Day Farm trolley for a guided tour of Nebraska City’s Enchanted Arboretum. Go here for tour times, cost, and other information.
Arbor Lodge State Historical Park is open for visitors, too. Take an inspiring, up-close look at the life and legacy of J. Sterling Morton, the founder of Arbor Day. No park entry fee is required.
At the Morton Mansion:
- Explore the 52-room mansion and learn about the history of Arbor Day.
- Take a peek into spring planting on the Morton Farm and view local Arbor Day poetry and poster contest entries.
- Enjoy living history and musical entertainment.
- Free admission to the mansion April 26-28!
Go here to learn more about Arbor Day events happening throughout Nebraska City.